- 6 Tbsp. lemon juice (fresh, from 2 lemons)
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic (from 3-4 cloves)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders or breasts trimmed into strips
- Line a small/medium sized bowl with a gallon Ziploc bag, folding the top of the bag over the sides of the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to the bag.
- Seal the bag and gently knead the bag from the outside to mix the contents.
- Unseal and put the bag back into the bowl, again folding the top of the bag over the sides of the bowl.
- As you trim your chicken tenders or breasts, drop them right into the bag in the bowl. When done, seal the bag up.
- Again, use your hands to gently knead the bag from the outside to mix the marinade and chicken thoroughly.
- Put the bag in the bowl, and place the bowl in the fridge to marinate for 6-8 hours. This way, if you by chance have any leak from the bag, it will be caught in the bowl, so you don't end up with a messy fridge!
- After marinating, remove chicken from bag and place on grill over direct heat.
- Grill chicken over direct heat for 1 minute each side. Then move to top rack/indirect heat and grill for 8 minutes, flipping partway through if desired.
- Discard bag and remaining marinade. Do not reuse.
- Serve with your favorite sides!
Recipe from: Michelle @ MyGluten-freeKitchen.