HEALTHY CARROT MUFFINS
Serves: Makes 12 muffins
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with paper liners. (If using liners, the muffins must be completely cooled before eating or they will stick to the liner.)
- In a small bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- In your mixer bowl, beat together the eggs, honey, banana, and vanilla, about 1 minute.
- Add the carrot and mix to incorporate.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until moistened. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin and bake at 350° about 20 minutes or until done in the center.
Author: Linda Etherton